1. Is corrugated the best material for boxes?
Yes! Corrugated is lighter and less expensive than alternative materials, such as plastic, wood, and metal—plus it is 100% recyclable. Unlike other types of boxes, corrugated boxes fold flat for storing and shipping, saving you money and floor space. Corrugated is strong enough to stack, resistant to impact and vibration, and it can cushion and protect your products during shipping.
2. Do you stock any containers?
No, but lead times are extremely short. We can often run your order the same day we receive it.
3. What is ECT?
ECT (edge crush test) is performed to predict the vertical strength of corrugated board. It determines the resistance to compression of the flutes in pounds per square inch.
4. Do I need artwork to have my cartons printed?
Artwork is preferred but, if needed, we can work without it. Having artwork helps minimize plate costs and prevent mistakes.
5. Can my logo be printed on my containers?
Yes! We can print your logo and product information directly on cartons.
6. When can I have my containers delivered?
As fast as you need them! We will fit our production schedule to your delivery needs.
7. Can you freight my order to another location?
We deliver 95% of our orders on company trailers, direct to your location. If your destination is out of our shipping zone, we will freight/UPS your order, upon your request.
8. Do you stock point-of-purchase displays?
No, but our designers can help create countertop or floor displays that can be printed with your product information, company name, etc.
9. What is tooling?
Tooling usually refers to cutting dies or printing plates required to customize a corrugated container, display, or die-cut for an end user.
10. Is tooling required for shipping containers?
Not for standardized shipping containers. When packaging is customized, however, it almost always requires tooling.
11. Can I get ventholes / handholes on my box?
Yes. We have stock tooling for standard-sized vent/hand holes. Some sizes or styles may require a full die board at a one-time cost.
12. Can my printing dies be used on multiple sizes?
We prefer a separate set of plates for each box size, especially if the printing varies. Whenever possible, we will optimize their use to create cost efficiencies.
13. Can I change my corrugated packaging to gain greater stacking strength?
Redesigning and reevaluating every client’s needs are priorities for us. Changes from the current carton design may improve performance. The use of high performance packaging will result in increased stacking strength with lower costs.
14. Do you have a minimum order requirement?
No, we will run any size order. We do have a minimum order size for delivery. Please check with Client Relations to see if your delivery cost is included with your order size.
15. Can corrugated boxes be recycled?
Yes, corrugated fiberboard is more likely to be recycled than any other paper product.
16. Are oil-based inks used and do the inks contain heavy metals?
The corrugated industry has reduced the usage of heavy metals and volatile organic compounds. We now use water-based inks exclusively.